- Image Make the Adirondack Museum your holiday headquarters!
- Image Add a little ADK to your holidays!
- Image The Adirondack Museum's Visitor Center decorated for the holidays!
- Image Browse a variety of holiday items and unique gift ideas at the Museum Store!
- Image Swan Decoy Candle Holder, in the Visitor Center's Museum Store
- Image Find unique gifts and Adirondack items in the Museum Store
- Image Ski Cabin Painting in Rustic Frame, in the Visitor Center's Museum Store
- Image Morning Glory Birdhouse. in the Visitor Center's Museum Store
- Image Ornamental Adirondack Pack Basket, in the Visitor Center's Museum Store
- Image Hand-Crafted Fish Ornament, in the Visitor Center's Museum Store
November 25 — December 18, 2016
Open 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Wednesdays - Sundays, November 25 - December 18
The Adirondack Museum Visitor Center is open daily, Wednesday through Sunday, with a wide variety of activities for Adirondack Park visitors and year-round residents that make the museum a "Holiday Headquarters" in the heart of the Park, near the junction of State Routes 28 and 30. Beyond the Visitor Center, the greater museum campus closed for the regular season, and will re-open on Friday, May 26, 2017.
Inside the rustic, festively decorated Visitor Center, guests can stroll through the free Celebration of Community History exhibition of objects from around the Park, explore the Water Witch Adirondack sailboat displays, grab a hot cup of coffee, take a family holdiay photo, peruse unique rustic gift ideas in the Adirondack Museum Store, and tie it all up with a bow at a gift-wrapping station.
A STEP AWAY FROM THE ORDINARY
The Museum Store features unique mountain wilderness items, including:
- holiday decorations and cards;
- locally made pottery, jewelry, and crafts;
- books written in and about the region;
- Adirondack art and reproductions from the museum's collection;
- toys and games for kids;
- one-of-a-kind artisan items
- Adirondack Museum exclusives
- rustic Adirondack home furnishings; and
- many other unusual and compelling gift ideas.
The Online Museum Store is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and shipping through Friday, December 18, for arrival by the 24th.